Hiking, Biking, & Outdoor Adventures
Each year from June through October we open our doors to a variety of hiking and outdoor adventure groups. The Round Hearth serves as our groups base lodge with incredible offerings including the following:
- Affordable and low priced packaged group rates
- 24 Hour on-site support management
- 15-Person Outdoor Hot Tub
- Billiard Parlor and Mount Mansfield T.V. & Meeting Space Room
- Home-cooked ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT meals
- B.Y.O.B privileges for all responsible groups at no additional cost
- Local hiking tour guides and maps
- Guided river tours
- Bike racks, bike storage, bike cleaning station
- Large indoor hearth, cozy atmosphere and group camaraderie all under one roof!
These are just a few of our special offerings we offer each group! Additionally we offer an industry leading 1 complimentary vacation package per 10 paid guests.
GROUP SPECIAL: Each group will receive a Mt. Mansfield Area Hiking Guide/Map for each complimentary vacation package received!
Pricing & Group Information Request Form
Traveling Alone? With a Small Group?
Check out our availability as a "hostel-style" dorm with our AirBnB listings.
- General Dorm Rooms
- The Cliff House Apartment (private accommodations)
- Toll Road (private accommodations)
- Sunrise (semi-private accommodations)
- Tyro (semi-private accommodations)
Location, Location, Location!
The Round Hearth is conveniently located just off the Mountain Road in historic Stowe, Vermont. Just minutes from local trails, The Round Hearth is the ideal place to host your groups upcoming outdoor wilderness adventure or event. Groups from across the United States and Canada continue to patron the "Hearth" year-after-year which is a true testament to our staff's commitment to making each and every group feel comfortable and at home.
Our unique atmosphere and lodge amenities offer all our groups strong team and community building. The Round Hearth has been a true icon in Stowe for over the past seventy years and we continue to build upon our already great customer service. As Vermont's Most Famous Ski Dorm, The Round Hearth provides a great blend of affordable lodging and amenities with great group commitment for all types of groups year round.
Additional Hiking and Outdoor Adventure Information
We can tailor any package to meet your groups specific needs.
There are several multi-use trails and mountain hikes just in Stowe alone. Additonally, our close proximity to Smugglers’ Notch Road bypass to nearby Jeffersonville (from May-October weather permitting) allows groups a wide array of additional outdoor adventure & wilderness seeking activities. Right outside our door is easy access to the Stowe Recreational Path, Stowe Mountain Bike Club trails, and the Weissner Woods. For just short drives/rides there are miles of hiking/biking/running/walking trails available. Check out the section below for links and information on these trails. You can also call at 1-800-344-1546 to speak with us about our experience with the trails!
Additional information and links of interest
If you would like to join our newsletter list, please click here.
- Stowe Outdoor Activities
- Stowe Mountain Bike Club (lots of mountain biking information and trails)
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters (rent canoes/kayayks/SUPs/more!)
- Local Trail Information
- Sunrise Mountain Guides
- Green Mountain Club
We continue to run additional outdoor adventure programs and activities including:
- High School Outdoor and Adventure Clubs
- Fly Fishing
- Canoeing, Kayaking, and other Water Adventures
- Mountain Biking
- Golf Outings
- & much more...
If you have an idea for a retreat or require additional information or assistance, please call us today at 1-800-344-1546